To enter the competition, participants in the Junior, Senior and Team of 4 Chef of the Year categories are required to create recipes using Unilever Food Solutions products and submit their recipes for a starter, main course and dessert with accompanying photographs.
Bring your passion to this year’s competition and register now by emailing your name, surname, contact number, and category you want to enter (Senior, Junior or Team of 4) to firstname.lastname@example.org
On receipt of your email, the entry form and recipe templates will be sent to you, which need to be completed and submitted before the closing dates.
- Only one entry per chef and previous winners may not enter the same category.
- Junior and Senior Chef entrants will be required to submit recipes and photographs for a three course menu using Unilever Food Solutions products for 3 pax.
- Photographs of each dish must be submitted with the entry.
- The recipes will be judged on the number of Unilever Food Solutions products used, the novel use of products, the originality of the recipe, the degree of difficulty and skill required, the fusion of the flavours and portion obedience.
- From the entries received, a panel of judges will select 6 Junior Chefs and 6 Senior Chefs from each region to participate in Mystery Basket Regionals to be held in Gauteng, Western Province and KwaZulu-Natal between the 31 July and the 2 August 2018.
- Selected Junior and Senior Chef Regional Chefs will be required to prepare a three course menu to serve 3 pax using a Mystery Basket of meat produce and compulsory Unilever Food Solutions Products. They will also have access to a pantry of other ingredients and Unilever Food Solutions Products.
- The Top 6 Junior and Senior Chefs nationally, will go through to the Mystery Basket Finals to be held on the 5th September 2018 in Durban.
- Junior and Senior Chef Regional Finalists will be required to prepare a three course menu to serve 3 pax using a Mystery Basket of meat produce and compulsory Unilever Food Solutions Products. They will also have access to a pantry of other ingredients and Unilever Food Solutions Products.
- In the Mystery Basket Regionals and Final, each dish will be judged on its preparation, presentation and taste.