Since the outbreak, food operators are turning to the alternative revenue stream of food delivery. As an F&B operator, this presents you with a unique opportunity to create or just adapt your food delivery menu - focusing on meals that can be delivered or prepared for collection for customers who will enjoy your dishes in the comfort (and safety) of home.
- Have you tested your food after it has been sitting in a package for 20-30min?
- Do you have the right packaging to keep your food hot?
- Simplifying your menus will add many benefits to businesses.
- Ensure food stays intact and safe/sealed from your kitchen to your customer.
- Ensure no sick drivers on delivery.
- Provide space and supplies near pick-up area for driver to clean and disinfect bag before picking up for next order.
- Your real estate is not what corner you are in but what screens you are on and where you are on them.
HOW ‘RISKY’ IS YOUR PACKAGING?
Hygiene is the top priority for customers and as a result of COVID-19 some types of packaging have been deem ‘risky’. Customers view plastic disposables and packaging for takeout as “unsafe”.
A recent South African poll* found that paper bags, napkins and sealed plastic wraps and utensils being seen as the most ‘trusted’ during this time.
*Source: Unilever Food Solutions Locally owned neighbourhood restaurants Covid–19 by Kantar and Unilever Food solutions
HIGHLIGHT THE IMMUNITY-BOOSTING ASPECT OF YOUR DISHES.
Increase sales of specific dishes (and your restaurant as a whole) by appealing to the health-conscious side of diners who prefer having their meals at home.
Here’s how you can do so:
- Identify a selection of dishes that are great for building immunity.
- Draw attention to "Healthy Dishes" by placing it as a category on the top of the menu.
- Highlight the aspects of these dishes by adding their benefits to each dish’s description.
ENSURE YOUR FOOD DELIVERY OPTIONS EXCEED EXPECTATIONS.
When it comes to winning the food delivery game, everything counts.
Here are a few quick tips:
- Select a menu that delivers well (and fast!).
- Choose appetising photos to entice customers.
- Use quality, leakproof, branded packaging.
- Offer promotions with your delivery partners.
- Deliver promptly and punctually.