The pressure is on, emotions are high and the queues are never-ending.It’s up to you to keep the pressure low and keep your team happy and motivated during this crazy period. Relax, you’ve got this. Here are surefire ways to keep your staff smiling.
“Clients do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the clients.”
– Richard Branson
- Get staff ready for the busy season with fun training sessions.
- Keep staff performance at its peak with fair shifts.
- 86 percent of employees say that being recognised motivates them in their job. A simple “shot bru” or “thanks” goes a long way.
- All chefs like to chase the carrot. Keep staff motivated by rewarding their hard work.
- We are chefs ... tired, overworked. So before the moodiness kicks in, react! Get rid of complicated or time-consuming dishes from the menu over busy periods.
- After a crazy day, cook something special for the team or say cheers over the crashing of drinks.