Spicy Chicken Gizzards & Lentil Curry
A zingy curry with chicken gizzards and lentils enriched with Robertsons Indian Spicy Lentil Dhal. Did you know that just one chicken gizzard will fulfil almost 90% of your recommended daily intake (RDI) of protein?
- Finely dice the onions. Slice each of the chillies into 3 pieces. Crush the ginger and garlic. Soak the lentils.
- Clean the gizzards.
- Finely chop the coriander.
- In a pot, heat oil and add onions and chillies. Sauté for 5 min on medium heat. Add in the ginger, garlic and Robertsons Medium Rajah, fry for a further min. Add in the Knorr Professional Tomato Pronto, lentils and water. Cook on medium heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Boil the gizzards and marinate in the Robertsons Indian Spicy Lentil Dhal. Add this to the curry and allow to cook for half an hour until gizzards are soft.
- Season to taste. Garnish with coriander and serve.
- Substitute chicken gizzards with chicken necks or livers or chicken walkies.