Crispy, golden chicken schnitzel - perfect for lunch or supper time with a sauce of your choosing!
- Heat the oil to 160 °C in the deep fryer.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the Knorr Spicy Chicken Breading and the Knorr Mash Flakes. Coat the chicken breasts in the beaten eggs and then in the Knorr Spicy Chicken Breading mixture.
- Deep fry the chicken in the deep fryer until golden brown.
- In a saucepan, pour 450 ml of milk and bring to the boil. Mix the 50 ml remaining milk with the Knorr White Sauce Powder and add to boiling milk. Whisk until the sauce has thickened and add the Dijon mustard and chopped chives. Serve the chicken schnitzel with the mustard sauce or a mushroom sauce and a side salad.
- Ensure that the deep frying oil is pre-heated, otherwise the schnitzel will soak up the oil. The schnitzel can be shallow fried.