Creamy Compote: Grilled Line Fish Served on a Bed of Creamed Leek & Celery Compote, Crushed Butternut, Crushed Sweet Potato and Crumbled Onion Bits
Grilled Line Fish Served on a Bed of Creamed Leek & Celery Compote, Crushed Butternut, Crushed Sweet Potato and Crumbled Onion Bits
Creamed Leek and Celery
- Slice and wash the leeks.
- Peel and wash the celery.
- Crush the garlic.
- In a saucepan, boil together the leek and celery until just cooked, and strain.
- In another pot, boil together the garlic, Robertsons Fish Spice and cream until reduced by 1/2. Add the cooked leek and celery to the cream reduction and set aside.
Butternut and Sweet Potato
- Cube the butternut (skin on).
- Cube the sweet potato (skin on).
- Place the butternut, sweet potato and butter in a tray and mix in the Robertsons Veggie Seasoning. Bake in the oven at 180˚C for 15 – 20 minutes until fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven and lightly crush with the back of an egg lifter.
- Season the fish portions with the Robertsons Fish Spice. In a saucepan, heat the oil, and place the fish, presentation side down. Heat the butter, and seal the fish. Turn the fish over and seal.
- Place in a tray, and bake in the oven at 180˚C for 5 – 7 minutes or until fully cooked through.
Serving dishPlace the leek and celery compote on the plate, followed by the butternut and sweet potato. Place the fish on top, then top with the crispy onion bits and garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds
Chef's TipYou can change up the starch with risotto or couscous. Leek and celery can be substituted with fennel. Change up the colour scheme and add a burst of colour with a tomato splash or beetroot purée.