Deep-Fried Cheesecake Phyllo Cigars Served With Wild Berry Dipping Sauce
Crunchy and creamy with a drizzle of fruity berry sauce, these cigars are a showstopper!
For the Cheescake:
- In an electric mixer, whisk together Carte d’Or Cheesecakeand cold water, set in a 15 cm × 20 cm baking tray. Allow to set in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
Cheesecake Phyllo Cigars
- Cut each phyllo sheets into 4 pieces, stick two squares together with a brush of melted butter.
- Cut the cheesecake into finger size length (16 portions) and wrap the cheesecake in the phyllo pastry, closing off each end, and stick down with beaten egg. Refrigerate.
- Deep Fry the phyllo cheesecake rolls at 180°C until golden brown.
- Drain off the excess oil onto paper towel.
- Dust the Cheesecake cigars with icing sugar.
- Serve with dipping sauce of Carte D’Or Wild berry sauce and fresh berry and kiwi salsa
- When working with phyllo pastry, cover with a damp cloth as it dries out quickly.