Deep fried cheesecake phyllo cigars served with wild berry dipping sauce
- In a electric mixer, whisk together Carte D’Or Cheesecake Powder and cold water, set in a 15cm×20cm baking tray. Allow to set in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
Cheesecake Phyllo Cigars
- Cut each phyllo sheets into 4 pieces, stick two squares together with a brush of melted Marvello 70 % fat spread.
- Cut the cheesecake into finger size length (16portions) and wrap the cheesecake in the phyllo pastry, closing off each end, and stick down with beaten egg. Refrigerate.
- Deep Fry the phyllo cheesecake rolls at 180°C until golden brown.
- Drain off the excess oil onto paper towel.
- Dust the Cheesecake cigars with icing sugar.
- Serve with dipping sauce of Carte D’Or Wild berry sauce and fresh berry and kiwi salsa
- When working with phyllo pastry, cover with a damp cloth as dries out quickly.