Mac 'n Cheese, Yes Please
People love macaroni and cheese, which is why they’ll adore this new take on the old favourite. In this recipe, a delicious cheese sauce is poured into cut cannelloni and topped with parmesan cheese, herbs and breadcrumbs before being cooked to crispy perfection.
- Pre cook the lasagna sheets in boiling water. Cut in half length ways
- Loosely roll upeach lasagna sheet to resemblea tube (like cannelloni), standing upwards and place into an oven proof dish.
- In a pot, bring half the milk, cream, thyme and garlic to a boil.
- Add in the Knorr White Sauce powder to the remaining cold milk and make a slurry by whisking together. Pour into the pot and stir continuousfor 3 minutes.
- Add the cheese and Robertsons Turmeric to the pot, stirring continuously. Once thickened, remove from stove top and pour straight onto the pasta, covering it completely.
- In a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and Robertsons Mixed Herbs together and sprinkle on top of pasta.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the top is crispy and brown.
- Garnish with a sprig of thyme.
- serves 3 to 4 portions
- You can substitute pasta for pennepasta.
- Spinach and feta or savorymince or chopped cooked chicken could also be used to stuffed inside the cannelloni tubes.