Mung Bean & Lentil Tex-Mex
High in nutrients, mung beans and lentils provide the base for this take on Tex Mex. Serve up a delicious, healthy meal with a Mexican taste profile.
- Pre-soak the mung beans and lentils by covering with water overnight or for 2 hours before cooking.
Cook the beans and lentils until soft and al dente. Rinse under cold water, strain and set aside.
- De-seed and chop the chilli. Drain the corn kernels and red kidney beans. Roughly chop the coriander. chop the Onion.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions and cumin for 1 min. Add the beans and lentil mix, chilli, Knorr Professional Aromat Original, Knorr Professional Tomato Pronto, corn kernels, red kidney beans and coriander and cook for 8 to 10 min.
- Remove from the heat and serve as a poke bowl served with rice or pasta and a green salad or as a wrap filling.
- Use cow peas or even chickpeas to add to or replace the mung beans.
- Knorr Professional Future 50 ingredients can be used to replace proteins in a dish or even to add a variety of textures to a dish. Make sure when using pulses, beans, grains etc. that you stick to the guidelines regarding pre-soaking and how long to cook for.