Slow-cooked Rooibos Lamb Riblets
Tender, fall-off-the-bone, slow-cooked lamb riblets, roasted in a Rooibos-infused sauce and spiced with Chinese five spice. It’s an exotic, but familiar dish that is bound to delight.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 °C.
- Add the 6 teabags to the boiling water (break open 3 teabags) and allow to infuse for 15 minutes. Remove the teabags.
- In a heavy-based pot, fry off the lamb riblets in batches. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Using the same pot, fry off the onions in the leftover oil and add the Chinese five spice blend and bay leaves – fry for 1 minute. Add the lamb back to the pot and mix well.
- Whisk the Joko Rooibos and Knorr Demi-Glace together and add to the lamb mixture. Stir and pour into a roasting tray, cover tightly with foil and cook for 2 hours.