Your customers have changed, they want more convenient snacking and meals that are ready to go. But more than this, customers want to be safe and that is something that grab-and-go meals can provide.
Customers are looking to your establishment to have the same concern for hygiene as they do. See how grab-and-go can up your profits, lower your budget and keep your customers safe.
CLEAN AS YOU GRAB-AND-GO
To your customers, cleanliness and freshness are the most important reasons they shop at your deli.
Make sure your equipment, kitchen and storage areas are always kept clean to prevent contamination. Here’s how:
- Follow a routine cleaning schedule.
- Constantly keep your hands clean and wear gloves when preparing food.
- Always clean with approved chemical cleaners.
- Raw vegetables must be washed.
- Raw and cooked food must be kept, handled and stored apart.
- Follow the correct storage temperature for every product and check the temperature regularly.
- Don’t mix fresh and older products.
- Use the First in First out (FIFO) method of storing your ingredients.
MAKE YOUR GRAB-AND-GO THE BEST IN TOWN!
Ready to grab-and-go go? Here are some tips to get you started:
Meals should contain both meat and starch. Divided grab-and-go containers are a great way to offer this balance in one, convenient and portable package.
Value for money and low-cost grab-and-go options are key to your customers and your profits.
Give your customers meals that are in line with local and international trends. Try spice up your traditional chicken recipes with a twist!
Offering meals in grab-and-go format is the perfect solution – the food is sealed and there are fewer hands involved in the journey of prepping to serving.