Around the world, the COVID-19 pandemic has seen a significant rise of diners staying at home and out of food establishments. In South Africa, restaurants and takeaways have been deemed unessential and have had to close their doors. But as doors reopen, other countries have seen a rise in demand for food delivery. As an F&B operator, your upcoming re-opening presents a unique opportunity to enhance your food delivery menu—focusing on meals that can be delivered to customers who will enjoy your dishes in the comfort (and safety) of home.
Here are a few useful tips for increasing the demand of your food delivery offerings.
Highlight the immunity-boosting aspect of your dishes
Increase sales of specific dishes (and your restaurant as a whole) by appealing to the health-conscious side of diners who prefer having their meals at home. Here’s how you can do so:
- Identify a selection of dishes that are great for building immunity, then group these dishes and place them at the top of your menu—preferably under an “Immunity Boost” section to draw attention.
- Highlight the aspects of these dishes that make them great for the immune system by adding their benefits to each dish’s description.
- Work with food delivery operators to promote your selection of immunity-boosting dishes.
Provide great value with set meals
Diners appreciate good value, and set meals represent fantastic value for money. Set meals also make purchase decisions easy, as diners can get food, drinks and even a side in one set, rather than having to purchase them separately and incurring additional charges.
Be sure to include set meal options for groups and families of all sizes. The golden rule of a good food delivery menu is to make the purchase decision simple, so customers will go from menu selection to order confirmation quickly, without looking at another restaurant’s menu before purchasing from yours.
A good selection of choices should (at least) include:
- Individual set meals
- Set meals for two
- Bundled sets and feasts for a family of 4 to 6 persons
- Vegetarian options
Ensure your food delivery options exceed expectations
Your food delivery menu shouldn’t simply be a digital version of your establishment’s dine-in or takeaway menus. When it comes to winning the food delivery game, everything counts. These are a few quick tips:
- Select a menu that delivers well (and fast!)
- Choose appetising photos to entice customers
- Use quality, leakproof, branded packaging
- Offer promotions with your delivery partners
- Deliver promptly and punctually
- Make sure your menu is consistent with quality and taste