Churros With Chocolate Sauce
What could be more amazing than crispy, sugar dusted churros served with a rich chocolate sauce? Churros made with Knorr Mash Flakes, that's what!
- In a saucepan, over low heat, add the butter and water. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the butter melts and the water comes to the boil.
- Add in the flour and stir until it is well-combined, and the mixture comes away from the sides of the pan.
- Transfer to an electric mixing bowl, and allow to cool slightly. Then add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition, until mixture is smooth.
- For the mash, in a pot, bring the milk to the boil and season with the salt. Add in 100 g of Knorr Mash Flalkes and cook for 10 – 12 minutes. When the mash is ready, allow to cool slightly and fold into the churros mix, and add in the dark chocolate.
- Spoon the churros mixture into a piping bag with the star nozzle.
- In a pan, add in the oil and pipe the churros into long strips, frying until golden.
- Remove from the oil, drain on a paper towel, coat in cinnamon sugar and serve with the chocolate sauce.
- In a pot, bring the cream to the boil. Add in the chocolate over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate has melted. Remove from the heat, pour into ramekins and serve with the churros.