Glazed Barbeque Roasted Root Vegetables With Fresh Herbs
Mini beetroot, parsnip, carrots, and red onion, drizzled with a balsamic vinegar dressing and scattered with fresh walnuts,
Mini beetroot (with leaves, washed) 200.0 g
Parsnip (washed) 200.0 g
Carrots (washed) 300.0 g
Red onions (peeled and quartered) 200.0 g
Balsamic vinegar 50.0 ml
Pure honey 15.0 ml
Fresh herbs like parsley, celery, chives and/or basil (chopped) 10.0 g
Walnuts (chopped) 50.0 g
- Pre-heat a grill to 150 °C.
- Chop the ends of the root vegetables and separate the beetroot leaves from the beetroot. Then cut the beetroot in half as well as the parsnips.
- Finely chop the beetroot leaves and set aside with the chopped herbs.
- Grill the vegetables, low and slow until caramelised.
- Allow to cool and cut into chunks.
- Add the vegetables to a pan (wide enough to accommodate the pieces in a single layer) with a splash of oil.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, honey, Robertsons Veggie Seasoning and a splash of water.
- Start checking if they’re cooked after about 5 min, depending on the vegetable.
- Remove from the heat when almost all the liquid has evaporated, the vegetables are cooked and there’s a shiny glazed coating.
- Mix the vegetables with the beetroot leaves and sprinkle some ﬁnely chopped herbs and walnuts on top to give a bit of colour, freshness and crunch.
- Eat warm or even cold with some goat’s cheese, lentils or other grains.