Grilled Chuck Steak with Ushatini
Golden brown and slightly charred, chuck steak served with pap and tomato salsa called ushatini.
Maize meal 1.3 kg
Boiling water 2.5 l
Red onions (finely diced) 125 g
Tomato (sliced) 375 g
- Mix the Knorr Beef Stock Granules with the oil.
- Rub the stock mixture on the chuck steak and grill until golden brown.
- Whisk half of the maize meal into boiling water, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 min.
- Open the pot and whisk in the rest of the maize meal, cover and let it cook for a further 8–10 min.
- Place onions, tomatoes and chillies in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the vinegar and salt to taste.
- For a smoky option, the Knorr Beef Stock Granules can be replaced with Robertsons Barbecue Spice and Fine Foods Barbecue Sauce.
- Protein option: Chicken leg quarters can be used instead of beef chuck.