Mac & Cheese Sarmie
Who doesn’t like trying new and interesting dishes? And what could be more interesting than a mac and cheese sandwich? That’s right – it’s pasta in a sandwich!
- Cook the pasta as per packaging instructions and set aside.
- Grate the cheddar cheese.
- In a pot ,mix together the milk, Knorr White Sauce Powder and Robertsons Veggie Seasoning.
- Whisk the milk mixture on a medium heat until thickened. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cheese.
- Add the cooked macaroni, mix together and set aside
- Spread the margarine on one sideof the (20 slices) bread and turn the buttered side face down on the board.
- Keep gouda cheese slices aside to complete the sarmie.
- Spread a spoonful of the mac and cheese onto one side of the bread.(10 slices)
- Add a spoonful of Fine Foods Tomato Sauce in the centre of the mac and cheese, followed by a slice of cheese and end off with another slice of bread, buttered side facing up.
- Toast in a toaster or pan fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Slice in half or leave whole, package and serve.
- makes 10 toasted sandwiches
- Save time by using leftover mac and cheese to make your sarmies.
- Add fried bacon to the mac and cheese.