Mac & Cheese Sarmie
Who doesn’t like trying new and interesting dishes? And what could be more interesting than a mac and cheese sandwich? That’s right – it’s pasta in a sandwich!
- Cook the pasta as per packaging instructions and set aside.
- Grate the cheese. Mix together the milk, Knorr White Sauce Powder and Robertsons Veggie Seasoning. Whisk the milk mixture on a medium heat until thickened. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cheese. Add the cooked macaroni.
- Spread the margarine on the slices of bread and turn the buttered side face down on the board. Keep cheese slices aside to complete the sarmie. Spread a spoonful of the mac and cheese onto one side of the bread. Add a spoonful of Fine Foods Tomato Sauce in the centre of the mac and cheese, followed by a slice of cheese and end off with a slice of bread, buttered side facing up.Toast in a toaster or pan fry until golden brown on both sides. Slice in half or leave whole, package and serve.
- Save time by using leftover mac and cheese to make your sarmies.
- Add fried bacon to the mac and cheese.