Add an element of light crunchy texture to your dessert with just a sprinkle of meringue.
Castor sugar 150.0 g
Vanilla extract / essence 2.0 ml
As required food colouring
Egg whites 2.0 whole
Fine salt 1.0 Pinch
- Pre-heat the oven to 120 °C
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
- Whisk the egg whites and salt until soft peak stage. While whisking on high, add the sugar a spoonful at a time.
- Lastly add the vanilla essence and food coloring as required or(optional) and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Spoon into a piping bag and pipe into desired shapes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 90 °C and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.