Peri Peri Chicken
Portuguese flavours are quickly achieved with the use of the spices in this recipe as opposed to the lengthy process involved in scratch recipes.
Peri Peri Chicken:1 hour
- Mix all the spices, herbs, oil and sugar together.
- Rub the chickens thoroughly.
- Marinade the chickens for a minimum of 6 hours, basting occasionally.
- Roast in an oven at 170°C for roughly 1hr till chicken is fully cooked. (baste the chickens every 20 minutes to retain moisture).
- In a roasting serving tray, place the peri peri chicken and the roasted vegetables and citrus (garlic bulbs, turnips, parsnips, limes, clementines and lemon)
- Arrange neatly so as to make the tray look presentable. Drizzle the peri peri dripping sauce over the chickens, place back in the oven to warm through, then serve.