Rooibos Tea Biscuts
Lightly toasted Rooibos gives these tea biscuits a distinctive nutty and sweet flavour – which pairs perfectly with a cup of Rooibos.
Brown sugar 60.0 g
JOKO 100% Pure Rooibos 200 x 2 g Envelopes20.0 gAdded to cart: JOKO 100% Pure Rooibos 200 x 2 g Envelopes
For dusting Castor sugar
Butter (softened) 250.0 g
Vanilla essence 5.0 ml
Cake flour 150.0 g
Self-raising flour 150.0 g
- Pre-heat oven to 180 °C. Grease a baking tray.
- Remove the leaves from the 10 Joko Rooibos teabags.
- In a saucepan, lightly toast the Rooibos leaves. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together with the toasted Rooibos leaves.
- Add the vanilla essence and continue beating.
- Slowly add in the two flours and mix until dough is formed.
- Roll into 25 g balls and place on a greased baking tray. Press down with a fork. Allow to rest for a minimum of 30 min. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Dust with castor sugar.