Rooibos Tea Biscuts
Lightly toasted Rooibos gives these tea biscuits a distinctive nutty and sweet flavour – which pairs perfectly with a cup of Rooibos.
250 g Butter (softened)
Brown sugar 60 g
5ml Vanilla essence
150 g Cake wheat flour
150 g Self-raising flour
For dusting Castor sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 180 °C. Grease a baking tray.
- Remove the leaves from the 10 Joko Rooibos teabags.
- In a saucepan, lightly toast the Rooibos leaves. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together with the toasted Rooibos leaves.
- Add the vanilla essence and continue beating.
- Slowly add in the two flours and mix until dough is formed.
- Roll into 25 g balls and place on a greased baking tray. Press down with a fork. Allow to rest for a minimum of 30 min. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Dust with castor sugar.