Spicy Ginger and Anise Crème Brûlée
- In a pot, bring the Meadowland Classique and aniseed to the boil.
- Combine the Carte D’Or Crème Brûlée with milk.
- Add the mixture, along with the ginger to the Meadowland Classique and allow to simmer for 5 min, stirring continuously.
- Strain the mixture into serving bowls or ramekins and refrigerate until set.
- Before serving, top with sugar and caramelise it with a blow torch.
- Vary the intensity of the liquorice flavour by upping or reducing the amount of anise you use. Alternatively, if you want to highlight the anise flavour, use a melted liquorice sauce instead of the caramelised sugar.