The pressure is on! Emotions are high and the queues are never-ending. You’ve got to be in a million places at once. But there’s only one of you. And what about the bruised egos? Hang in there because it’s up to you to keep the pressure low and keep your team happy and motivated during this crazy period.
Relax, you’ve got this. Here are surefire ways to keep your staff smiling:
- Fair shifts will keep staff motivated and performance at its peak.
- 86 percent of employees say that being recognised motivates them in their job. A simple “shot bru” or “thanks” goes a long way.
- All chefs like to chase the carrot. Keep staff motivated by rewarding their hard work.
- Create fun training sessions.
- We are chefs ... tired, overworked. So before the moodiness kicks in, react! Get rid of complicated or time-consuming dishes from the menu over busy periods.
- After a crazy day, cook something special for the team or say cheers over the crashing of drinks.
“Clients do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the clients.”
– Richard Branson