Chef Heidi has been working for Unilever Food Solutions for 15 years, so if there is anyone that can give you advice on your deli, it’s her!
WHY SHOULD DELIS FOCUS ON CHICKEN?
- It’s one of the cheaper proteins you can buy, meaning you can make more profit.
- Lots of South Africans see it as a healthy food choice; so will want to eat it more than other cuts of meat.
IS THERE ANY OTHER TREND DELI MANAGERS SHOULD KNOW ABOUT?
Grab-and-go food is a growing trend. There are three things you must remember when owning a grab-and-go:
1. Make the packaging look good. If your food looks great, more people will want to buy it.
2. Offer lots of types of food in your deli. More choice means you’ll attract more customers.
3. Try new things! You make your customers very happy with new twists on old favourites.