Profiteroles with Crème
Chocolate dipper profiteroles filled with delicious crème patissere makes for a great dessert or sweet snack.
Water 250 ml
Flour, all purpose 250 g
Salt 1 g
Eggs, large (class A)(4no), beaten 4 pc
Butter 85 g
Milk 500 ml
Egg yolk(4no) 4 pc
Sugar 62 g
Baker's chocolate, dark 100 g
Butter (softened) 100 g
Choux Pastry20 minutes
- In a pot over high heat, bring the butter and water to the boil.
- Add the flour and a pinch of salt and stir with a spatula. The mix will form a ball and come away from the sides of the pot.
- Continue cooking the mixture for 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Transfer mixture (dough) to a mixing bowl. Using a paddle beater, beat until cool.
- Add the eggs slowly to the mixture whilst beating, scraping down the sides occasionally.
- Place mixture in a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle and pipe onto oven trays with grease-proof paper.
- Bake at 200˚C for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
Creme Patissiere10 minutes
- Bring milk to the boil.
- In a bowl, mix together egg yolks and sugar. Add in the custard powder.
- Pour the milk over the yolk mixture and whisk.
- Place back in the pot and cook, whisking continuously for 10 minutes. Mixture should be thick.
- Whisk in the butter, NOT OVER THE HEAT
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler until smooth.
- Pipe crème pâtissière into the centre of the choux pastry balls and dip in melted chocolate to finish