The Perfect Steak
Following the global trend and South African classic cooking style of grilling on an open flame-here is a steak with a delicious and unique rub.
Knorr Beef Stock Granules25 gAdded to cart: Knorr Beef Stock Granules
4 each T-Bone Steak 300g
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the ingredients well.
- Rub the seasoning onto the meat.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat.
- Grill the steaks over direct heat for 6-8 minutes for medium rare, turning once or twice and remove from grill.
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes and serve.
Chefs Tip - Cooking Times for Steaks
- Very Rare 4-5 minutes
- Rare 5-6 minutes
- Medium Rare 6-8 minutes
- Medium 7-10 minutes
- Well done - not recommended
Why we rest meat and how long to rest it for? Steaks should stand for 5 minutes (but no less than 3) before serving- The time taken to rest will depend on its size. WHY? When you eat it the meat will be juicer and tastier. If not given the time to rest, the meat will lose less juice when you cut it
- Poterrhouse steak, Sirloin and Ribeye on the bone.