So you've been all over your tomato-based game, upping the ante in Italian authenticity... we see you Chef, and you're killing it! Da La Mia Casa brings you The Best of Italy – it's time to make sure the little things set you apart as we explore the gourmet signatures that set Italian towns apart. A little inspiration never hurt anybody, let's make it more Italian.
BOLOGNA & MODENA
From the much-loved town found in the Emilia - Romagna region, Bologna and Modena are considered the culinary heart of Italian cuisine. These cities are the home of gourmet signatures – the ‘bread basket', Balsamic vinegar, Parmesan, and a large variety of stuffed pasta. Give your service a subtle and effective touch of Italian authenticity with these signatures you'll find in Bologna and Modena:
- Offer cured meats as a starter, a Bologna staple
- Offer your Italian dishes with Balsamic vinegar and parmesan cheese... always
- Explore pastas like they do in Modena and add ravioli, tortelloni and tortellini, as well as cannelloni to your pasta menu. All these pastas are authentically paired with a Knorr Tomato Pronto based sauce
The birthplace of pizza, found in the southern region of Italy, where the crusts are different and Pizza Margherita is the region's hero. These Napoli signatures can give your service a touch of true Italian authenticity:
- Try achieve a thick crust while maintaining a super thin base (the trick lies in kneading until you don't need to)
- Wood-fire oven your pizza, serving wonderfully rustic char-marked dough
- Use Italian tomatoes as the base on the pizza, no need to look far, just use Knorr Tomato Pronto
- Use mozzarella (di bufala) to top your pizza. Naples uses the famous cheese from it's neighbour Campania
- Add fresh basil for a final touch, and notice how your pizza even resembles the colours of the Italian flag
You know what they say Chef … when in Rome! Though this city is famed for it's history, it has a culinary treasure chest and wonderful signature dishes that you can implement into your service to take your diners all the way to gourmet colosseums:
- Add an Italian tomato-based, slowly stewed oxtail to your menu, spiced with Robertsons Italian Herb, it's a revered Roman move
- Add the Roman favourite Pasta Carbonara to your menu
- Offer your diners Robertsons Veggie Seasoning spiced artichokes as a starter, either alla giudia (fried) or alla Romana (steamed). When in season, Italians queue for this dish
- Offer a pasta dish with the famous Amatriciana sauce – it's made with guanciale (a cured pork meat), pecorino cheese, Knorr Tomato Pronto, white wine, black pepper and chilli pepper
Italian dishes are supposed to be easy, don't let the robust taste fool you! With Knorr Tomato Pronto, there's no need to break a sweat in the kitchen trying to plate up the most authentic Italian meals. Just make sure you have the ultimate Italian ingredient and the rest is up to you.
Knorr Tomato Pronto is available for order via Webshop with Loyalty Points for you to earn on each order made.