A Paella Fiesta of Chorizo and Chicken
- Roughly chop the onions.
- Crush the garlic.
- Thickly slice the chorizo sausage.
- Rinse the rice in boiling water.
- Dice the peppers (2 cm).
- Top and tail the green beans.
- Finely chop the parsley.
- Mix together the Knorr Chicken Stock Granules and boiling water, and stir well.
- Cube the chicken breasts (2 cm).
- In a large, shallow pan, heat half of the oil, add the onions, and fry until translucent.
- Add the garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the oil, chorizo sausage and chicken breasts, and cook until browned.
- Add the Robertsons Paprika, Robertsons Turmeric and rice. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add half of the prepared stock liquid, and stir well. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Add the stock during cooking as it becomes absorbed. Stir and allow all the flavours to absorb.
- Add the peppers and green beans, and cook for 5 minutes or until the beans are cooked.
Sprinkle the parsley over the paella and squeeze a fresh lemon on top.
- You can substitute the chorizo sausage with boerewors to bring the cost down and to give the dish a South African feel. Add calamari and mussels to make your dish extravagant.