Classic Beef Stew
- Season beef with Robertsons Barbecue Spice.
- Roughly chop the onions.
- Roughly chop the celery.
- Crush the garlic.
- Peel and cut the carrots into rounds.Peel and cube the butternut.
- Peel and quarter the potatoes.
- Roughly chop the parsley.
- Heat the oil and brown the meat in a large pot.
- In a second pot, brown the onions, celery and garlic, and add to the browned meat.
- Add the Knorr Tomato Pronto and 1.5 L of water and let it simmer for 1.5 hours. Stir occasionally to prevent it from burning.
- Add the carrots, butternut and potatoes then simmer for 30 minutes or until the meat is tender and the vegetables are cooked.
- Mix Knorr Classic Brown Sauce Gravy Powder and 500 ml of cold water. Add to the stew and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- You can substitute Robertsons Barbecue Spice with Knorr Beef Stock Granules.
- Add more vegetables to the stew to increase your yield.