Battered Peri-Peri Walkie Talkies
Bring the taste of South Africa with Walkie Talkies fried in peri-peri batter. Serve the walkies with Hellmann's Sweet Chilli Sauce for that extra zing.
- Pre-heat the deep fryer to 180 °C.
- Clean the chicken feet – ensure nails are removed and feet are cleaned.
- Mix together the chicken feet with the Knorr Professional Peri-Peri Marinade and cold water and allow to stand, cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Mix together the marinated chicken feet and Knorr Professional Spicy Chicken Breading until the mixture is smooth.
- Dust off the excess breading. Place the battered chicken feet into the deep fryer and fry for 5 to 8 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain off any excess oil.
- Serve the walkies with sweet chilli mayo for that extra zing!
Another way to prep & clean your chicken feet:
- Take the chicken feet out of the packaging and drain off any excess blood.
- Dip in a bowl of boiling water and soak for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the boiling water and dip in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Remove the scales and nails.
- Rinse again in cold water.