Boerewors and Chakalaka Rolls
These gourmet boerewors rolls feature homemade chakalaka instead of tomato sauce. Delicious!
- Heat oil in a pot, add onions and fry until soft. Add garlic, chillies, carrots and cook for 3 min.
- Add Knorr Tomato Pronto and Knorr Aromat Original and simmer for 5 min.
- Add baked beans and cook for 3 min.
- Cut boerewors into 10 evenly sized pieces.
- Fill the hot dog roll with half the chakalaka then boerewors and top with the rest of the chakalaka.
- Make sure the chillies are finely chopped and mixed evenly in with the rest of the chakalaka.
- Protein option: Pork bangers, viennas or Russians can be used instead of boerewors.