Boerewors, Tomato and Onion Chip Roll
A classic South African boerewors roll with a twist, topped with a traditional tomato and onion relish and the perfect slap chips.
- Place in roasting tray. Slice the onions.
- Heat the oil, fry the onions and Knorrox Barbeque Spice for 2 min. Add the boerewors and brown on each side.
- Keep aside.
- Add the Knorr Tomato Pronto, cold water and sugar and stir through and cook on a medium heat for 15 to 20 min, stirring occasionally to prevent the mixture from sticking to the pan. Once cooked set aside. Fry the chips and season with the Robertsons Chip & Potato Seasoning.
- To assemble: Cut the rolls halfway through, place the roll on a clean surface and fill with the boerewors, tomato and onion place in a takeaway container and serve alongside the fried chips.
- Replace the boerewors with sliced pork bangers or even a vegetarian sausage.
- Save time by pre-ordering all the meat with the butchery department 1 day ahead.