Brisket Merlot Chilli Chocolate Jus
For the Rub:
- Mix together all the ingredients until well-combined.
- Rub the beef cut with the mixture then seal on a griddle or flat top grill. Roast in a preheated oven at 180˚C for 30 minutes per kg(15 – 20 minutes extra for bone-in cuts).
For the Gravy
- In a saucepan, bring the red wine and chilli flakes to the boil and allow to reduce by ¾.
- Add the water and Knorr Jus powder, stirring continuously. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the chocolate chips until fully dissolved.
- For a non-alcoholic versions, substitute the Merlot Red Wine with Vanilla Essence.