Crispy Fish Nuggets
Crunchy fish nuggets - ideal as a starter or light snack. Be sure to use SASSI-endorsed fish.
- Pre-heat oil in a deep fryer to 180 °C.
- Mix ﬂour and Robertsons Fish Spice in a bowl. Make a well in the centre and slowly add cold water, using a whisk to stir until well combined. Season hake ﬁllets with Knorr Aromat Original.
- Dip pieces of ﬁsh, one at a time, into the batter to evenly coat and deep fry for 3 to 4 min or until crispy, golden brown. Place on a tray lined with kitchen paper towel to remove excess oil. Repeat with remaining ﬁsh pieces.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- For a perfect batter, ensure that the batter is chilled and thick, so that it puffs up around the ﬁsh, keeping the nuggets light and crispy.