This American-style, fried chicken is served with peppadew mayo - bringing together South African and American flavours.
Sesame seeds (toasted) 100 g
Poppy seeds 60 g
Chicken thighs and drumsticks (4 pieces each) 8 pc
- Mix the Knorr Professional Original Chicken Breading, sesame seeds and poppy seeds together.
- Dip chicken pieces into cold water.
- Drain chicken pieces from the water, then transfer into seasoned breading tray.
- Roll chicken pieces in breading 10 times.
- Press chicken pieces covered with breading 7 times.
- Roll chicken pieces again in breading 10 times.
- Dust off excess breading.
- Place into the basket in the deep fryer (160 °C).
- When all 8 chicken pieces have been breaded, drop the basket and cook till golden brown.
- Remove from fryer and place on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve with peppadew mayo, basil & coriander pesto and potato wedges, seasoned with Robertsons Chip & Potato Seasoning.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.