This earthy, bitter spice is well known for its role in South Asian cuisine and is a familiar ingredient to South African chefs and foodies. Lately though, the “Golden Spice” as it’s known is popping up onto menus and in applications never seen before! From milkshakes and ice-creams to breakfast dishes. Diners are becoming increasingly aware of the health benefits of this beautiful spice.
Here are ideas to add this spice onto your menu:
- In scrambled eggs and omelets
- Toss through roasted veggies
- Sprinkle into sautéed greens and cabbage
- Add to smoothies and milkshakes
- Simmer with milk and honey to make a delicious tea or flavor ice-cream