Gourmet Smoking Gammon with Cavatappi Pasta
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºC.
- Cube the gammon (1 cm).
- Finely dice the onions.
- Crush the garlic.
- Dice the peppers (1 cm).
- Roughly chop the basil.
- Grate the cheddar cheese.
- Freshly grind the Robertsons Black Pepper.
- In a frying pan, heat half of the butter, add the gammon, and fry for 5 minutes, turning a few times. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the rest of the butter, add the onions, garlic, peppers, and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the Knorr Tomato Pronto and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix the cooked cavatappi pasta, basil and gammon into the sauce, then transfer to a baking dish.
- Mix together the Robertsons Veggie Seasoning, and cheddar cheese, and sprinkle on top of the pasta mixture. Gratinate under a salamander or place in the oven for 5 minutes.
Garnish with fresh parsley and extra cheese.
- You can substitute the gammon with grilled chicken or smoked chicken breast. or a vegetarian option you can use eggplant