WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO BECOME A CHEF?
Action & passion! I love the adrenaline of the kitchen. I love food. I love to cook. I love seeing people enjoy the food I make. The kitchen is my happy place. My passion makes me want to be a part of the action, next to the grill, on the heat!
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT BEING A CHEF?
The freedom to express myself... I get to innovate and always try new things. As a chef, exploring flavours of the world and serving these to other people lets them share in my joy, and this fulfils me.
WHY DO YOU THINK REINVENTING CANTEEN FAVOURITES IS SO IMPORTANT?
We take our customers' love of tasting home cooked meals at restaurant quality and innovate because customers love trying new meals! The new meals they love are the ones that still remind them of their favourite foods, this is the key! So adding a twist on canteen diner favourites, helps us give the customer exactly what they want before they even have to ask.
WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE DISH TO EAT WHEN YOU GO TO A CANTEEN?
I love curry... it's my go to meal, my feel good dish! Curry wins from season to season.
DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER TIPS FOR CANTEENS?
- Know your customers, so you can serve what they need and what they want.
- Remember if you don't give your customers what they want, your food will go to waste and your canteen will run at a loss.
- It's important to use clever re-purposing and smart cooking to get your kitchen going further, this way, your canteen stays within budget and increases sales.
- Don't forget, people eat with their eyes, if your dish look delicious your customers will want to eat it.
- Make use of this edition of re:fresh as it looks at great twists to keep your customers in love with their favourites.