Today, people are busier than ever trying to balance work, family, friends and downtime, leaving your customers with less time to shop and cook. Your customers are now more worried about hygiene and food safety too!
This is where your establishment can meet their needs for nutritious food that is also safe to share with their friends and families with grab-and-go menu options that are safely prepared.
HERE ARE SOME GRAB-AND-GO TIPS THAT OFFER YOUR CUSTOMERS HOME–STYLE FOOD TO GO, KEEPING THEM HAPPY, SAFE AND MAINTAINING YOUR TURNOVER:
- Give your customers take-home meal options that they can share with the whole family.
- Create special grab-and-go meals for people to eat at their desks.
- Show your customers you care about their safety with hygiene stickers on your grab-and-go meals.
- Supersize your portions for customers to take home for festive gatherings.
- Make sure you have a selection for everyone’s taste buds.
GRAB-AND-GO PACKAGING IS IMPORTANT, HERE ARE FEW THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
- Use packaging that is microwave friendly. Packaging with the PET symbol is usually microwave safe.
- Special grades of PET are used for take-home food containers that can be warmed in the oven or microwave.
- Make sure that your packaging is not too much bigger than the food it holds, else heat will be lost and contents will move.
- To avoid spills when heating up food in the microwave, loosely cover packaging with microwaveable plastic wrap or wax paper.
- When using plastic wrap to cover a food dish, make sure it’s not touching the food.
- Place the packaging directly on a plate or glass dish in the centre of the microwave.
- Don’t let the packaging touch other metal or foil.
- Microwaveable take-home containers made for one-time use should not be re-microwaved.
- Plastic storage bags (except those labelled as microwave safe) and grocery bags should not be heated in the microwave.