Sweet Potato, Butternut, Kale & Lentil Coconut Curry
A well-balanced curry featuring sweet potato, butternut, kale and lentils for added nutrition; this flavour-packed dish will be a wonderful addition to your menu. Did you know butternut squash is low in calories but high in many nutrients, including Vitamin A, Vitamin C, magnesium and potassium?
- Dice the onion. Crush the ginger.
- Peel and cube the sweet potato and butternut.
- Roughly chop the coriander and kale.
- In a large saucepan, fry the onion in the oil until soft. Add the Robertsons Ground Cumin, ginger and Robertsons Indian Spicy Lentil Dhal. Cook for 1 to 2 min (be careful not to burn the spices).
- Add the Knorr Professional Tomato Pronto and leave to simmer for 5 min. Add the coconut milk, sweet potato and butternut. Cover and leave to simmer for 20 min or until vegetables are cooked.
- Cook the lentils. Add the lentils and kale. Season to taste, and leave to simmer for 5 min.
- Cubed chicken breast or sliced beef sausages or chorizo can be added as a protein to the dish.