Chicken, Sweet Potato, Lentil & Kale Curry
This hearty curry features chicken with the healthy additions of sweet potato, chickpeas and kale, for an ultra-nutritious main dish. Did you know sweet potatoes are a great source of fibre, vitamins and minerals?
- Dice the onion. Crush the ginger.
- Peel and cube the sweet potato. Cube the chicken breast.
- Roughly chop the coriander.
- In a large saucepan, fry the onion in the oil until soft, then add the Robertsons Ground Cumin, ginger and Robertsons Indian Spicy Lentil Dhal. Cook for 1 to 2 min (be careful not to burn the spices).
- Add the Knorr Professional Tomato Pronto and leave to simmer for 5 min. Add the coconut milk, sweet potato and chicken. Cover and leave to simmer for 20 min or until vegetables and chicken are cooked.
- Cook the lentils. Blanch and shred the kale. Add the lentils, coriander and kale to the curry, season to taste, and leave to simmer for 5 min.
- Substitute kale with spinach.